Thursday, February 7, 2013

Meet the Yarn Addict...

Hi there! I'm Ashley. I'm a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister, and a friend to many. I'm also a yarn, craft, and tattoo addict. I do photography whenever I can, and love being able to see the world a little differently than everyone else on this floating blue sphere of life. I enjoy writing, painting, making jewelry, and love trying to make new things out of old things. I must have music as much as possible while I'm making something. I love football, mainly the Pittsburgh Steelers. I'll cheer for the Atlanta Falcons, as long as we're not playing them. I'm somewhat crass, harsh, loud, outspoken, and very very opinionated. I can be well mannered or burping as loud as I can. But no matter the situation, I am ALWAYS myself. I love cats, and would be a crazy cat lady if my family would let me, but I've had to learn self control. We have two cats, Chef and Tweak, and I love them dearly. 

My first crochet owl hat.
My favorite Polaroid land camera.
One of my favorite pictures I've taken.

I was born and raised in Albany, GA then moved to Cuthbert, GA for college to major in art/photography. Cuthbert was too small for me and I ended up coming home and realizing that I'm not much of a "school" person. I tend to be more "hands on" with my learning, and only wanting to learn about that which interests me, and math is NOT one of the subjects that keeps my interest. I suffer from pretty severe ADD, so if it's not interesting enough to keep my attention for 2 seconds, it's not interesting enough to keep my attention for an entire semester. I had my first son, Aiden, in 2005. He's incredible, smart, funny, and sincere. I had my second son, Zephan, in 2011, and he's giggly, stubborn (he gets it honest), energetic, and inquisitive. They are the light of my life, and the reason I get up in the morning. I married the love of my life in 2009, and every day we've been together has been better than the day before. He gets me and my obsessions, and is the main source of mental and creative support in my life (he even moved his video games to make room for my massive stash of yarn on our living room bookshelves).
My family, Aiden, Gerrad, me, and Zephan.
I am the owner of Snuggle Bug Apparel, where I specialize in hats, scarves, and other crocheted goodies. Currently, I am adding jewelry and recycled license plate plaques to my available stock.
Skunk hats for twin girls, beard hat, Megaman custom order, and a tiny newborn owl hat.

That's pretty much "me" in a nutshell. As soon as I post my introduction, I'll remember something else I wanted to share, but for now, this should paint everyone a decent picture of who I am.

A few of my favorite quotes:
"Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune." - Jim Rohn
"Go to heaven for the climate,
Hell for the company." - Mark Twain
"The only thing worse than losing your eyesight is losing your vision." 

No comments:

Post a Comment